College & University Law
As legal counsel for Alpena Community College, our role is to assist the Board of Trustees and Administration in addressing a wide array of legal issues related to higher education law, contractual, real estate and business matters, compliance with federal and state law and the development of policies and procedures.
The law broadly affects colleges and universities. Our goal is to provide legal services and advice which clarify the law and enhance the work of the board and college officials in making decisions which are aligned with the college’s legal rights and responsibilities.
The areas of law in which Alpena Michigan lawyers are often called upon to provide service include:
- Contractual, Business and Real Estate matters
- Laws relating to employment including all forms of discrimination and harassment; employment contracts; collective bargaining; and statutory obligations
- Compliance obligations including the Clery Act, Title IX, police/security issues
- Policy development and implementation
- Disciplinary matters relating to both students and employees
It is our privilege and honor to have served as legal counsel to Alpena Community College for many years. Our law firm shares the commitment of the college to create a culture of excellence and community service.